Monday, February 9, 2009

Late night snack...

...means early morning workout!

DBF and I went to the hospital last night to visit his grandmother (she's OK, no worries) and brought some other family members Wendy's fast food.

I guess the smell of nuggets and fries got to us - we stopped at Taco Bell on the way home.

I kept the damage to 13 pts (I can't resist the warm, gooey processed cheese!), but I woke up this morning feeling icky, dehydrated and gassy (TMI, sorry). I pulled out that mat, ball and weights and got in a good solid 20 minutes of cardio-pilates and weight training.

I've taken the exercises from my personal trainer class and adding exercises I find in different magazines. I currently subscribe to All*You, Self and Shape. I have this cute little scrapbook of different types of exercises - always keeps it interesting. It also gives me goals - like doing the pike on the fitness ball. Someday Jillian Michaels... someday...

Part of my workout includes "Take a Bow" (about 4:15 in the video)



What I can't figure out is WHY that move is so freakin hard?!

Last night at the hospital did give DBF and I a good reality check. Listening to his family members talk about their ailments (high blood pressure, asthma, adult onset diabetes, etc) gave us a look into the future - at least for him. At his recent doctor's appointment, his blood pressure was a little high (140/90). The doctor recommended 30-45 minutes of cardio 3x a week to bring it down. So far, he's been blowing it off.

I think we saw what putting of your health can do. Come hell or high water, we're getting on the treadmill tonight. He might whine and complain - but better now that deal with the consequences later.

Here's to an OP day! 4 glasses of water already done (and its 5:48am), 1 serving of dairy (yummy Activia) and the multivitamin.

Making a pork tenderloin roast tonight (gotta love Hormel), which will turn into mini cuban sandwiches (with Arnold sandwich thins) later this week.

  • 2 oz of pork tenderloin
  • 2 slices of lean ham
  • 1 slice of kraft thin sliced swiss cheese
  • 1 tsp mustard
  • 3-4 pickle slices
MMMMM!! Since its so low point, maybe we can throw in a few tostones. Why is all Puerto Rican food fried deliciousness?!

Time to shower and get ready for work. I promised myself I would blog more often - so expect more mindless rambling from me!

Keep reaching for those dreams! We can SO do this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment