Sunday, February 8, 2009

Epic Scale Victory!

I did absolutely nothing yesterday! Woke up at 12:30, lounged on the couch until DBF came home from work at 3:00.

I did opt for a Smart Ones meal instead of Burger King. So, that was good at least.

Last night, DBF and I decided to go out tonight for dinner and shopping. A daring move on my part, considering WI is today. We stopped at Five Guys Burgers and Fries for a bite. I had never been there before so I figured, how bad can it be?

We ordered burgers with regular fries. I ordered the little bacon cheeseburger and regular (smaller) fries. We both ended up getting large fries by accident, so I only ate half pf my fries. How bad could it be?

I saw they had a website, so I just checked it for the NI of the food...

Needless to say, the meal put me over for the week by 6.5.

I was beyond devastated. I tried to hard this week to stay OP and I mentally beat myself up pretty bad about it.

WI was the last thing I wanted to do this morning. I kept hitting the snooze button - not because I was tired but because I didn't want to face that dreaded scale. As I activated the scale, I did a mini-confessional - 'fessing up for all my sins of the past week. Damn Catholic guilt - it bleeds over into other areas of life.

SURPRISE! I saw a loss of 2.4 lbs. I jumped back on to double check - was it for real?! Sure was!!

Last week, hit the 10 lb mark - this week, busted out of the 260s. I feel like I'm on top of the world!!!

12.4 lbs in 9 weeks... I know this time its for real. There's no stopping me now!

2 comments:

  1. I indulged in Five Guys yesterday as well. I always go to Five Guys when I am in Washington, DC for work and they recently built one out on the west coast! I haven't even dared to look at the NI but it is better to know!! 12.4 in 9 weeks is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete