Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Be all that you can be...

and stay OP!

Hahaha, well at least I amuse myself!

Today I was up at 5:00am ready to work out. I got through a full set of lunges and boxer punches. I transitioned into a new move: Dead Lift to Hip Opener (from Shape or Self, I don't remember which)

DEAD LIFT TO HIP OPENER

Works legs, butt, core, and shoulders

Hold a weighted ball in both hands in front of your chest. Lift right foot and slowly extend right leg back as you bend over from hips and reach ball forward so your arms and leg are parallel to the floor [A]. Rise up to starting position and repeat. Do 10 reps, then switch sides to complete set. Next, repeat move on left leg, but keep right leg and arms extended as you rotate your hips and shoulders to the right as far as you can [B]. Lower them so they're parallel to the floor and repeat. Do 8 reps, then switch sides to complete set.

No sooner than do I get through 5 regular reps when my back says "Oh heck no" and the spasm puts me in crippling pain.

Exercising is so much harder when your body doesn't want to play nice.

Needless to say, no AP for me today. I'll try again tomorrow. Exercise is going to be key in ridding myself of last week's completely unnecessary gain!

A small NSV for me over the past two days: DBF has been working night shifts, and I haven't opted for fast food! YAY! Although, the past two night have had the same meal.

Mmm, tacos and oven-roasted asparagus. Odd combination, but I love it!

I was 7 pts under for the night, mostly because I fell asleep after getting home from work. I did get the chance to indulge in Eggo Low-Fat Nutri-Grain waffles with 1 tbsp of Parkay and 1/4 c of light syrup. MMMmmmm!

Time to watch my new guilty pleasure, Toddlers & Tiaras on TLC.

Keep reaching for those dreams! Skinny vibes to you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment