Saturday, February 28, 2009

I'm getting better at this...

Every week on the WW Boards, I see people ask whether or not they should eat all their Daily Points, or all their WPA, or how much AP they need. Then like an automated response, the general reply is "you need to play with your numbers."

I didn't really understand what that meant until week 11 on the WW program. But wow, what a difference it makes!

I've learned that for a maximum weight loss (at least, in the past weigh in) I personally need to consume all my WPA and have 16 available AP.

Right now, all the WPA are gone and I have 12.5 available AP. If I can get in 30 minutes on the treadmill today, and maybe another 30-40 with the Pilates/Weight training; then I will be golden for WI tomorrow.

What else have I learned? Water is incredibly key. At week 11, I typically go through 4 -5 refills of my 36 oz. water bottle daily. In the more tropical climate I live in, dehydration is always a threat. But there are also other benefits - cleaner skin (its been proven by Popular Science), hungry less often, and (dare I say) more consistent digestive processes. It make sense, since WW promotes "filling foods" (read: more fiber) you automatically need to up your liquid intake.

Real food is so much better than fake food. For example, I could have 2 servings of a processed 100 calorie pack of cookies/crackers, etc - or I can have 1/4 c. of homemade guacamole with veggies and baked chips. In the end real food tastes better, and keeps me fuller longer.

It's OK to eat Fast Food. I think I've eaten at a Fast Food location 1-2 times a week while on WW. I've eaten at a Restaurant maybe 5-7 times a month. Life doesn't stop, and this isn't a diet. It's a lifestyle change, and I don't want to become a hermit with frozen meals!

I had forgotten how much I love grapes. Cold grapes and water after exercising is absolutely rejuvenating.

Blogging has been wonderful! Having a running record of my thoughts, emotions, actions and behaviors has been surprisingly helpful for self-realization and pattern tracking. No more lies, no more excuses. This is documented!

I've been so excited about the "ah-ha" light that came on this week that I expanded my goals section on the blog. I have no idea what the rewards will be - I'm open for suggestions!

Time for grocery shopping! Keep reaching for those dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment