Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Game on!

I am so excited! Tonight was the kick-off for the Spring '09 Volleyball Season!! YEA!!!

But, I'll back up to talk about my OP day.

I woke up VERY late this morning, and only has enough time to whip up a smoothie before leaving the apartment. My point balance was way out of whack. By the time I left work, leaving 5 points for some after volleyball snacks, I had 15 points for dinner!

11 weeks ago I would have dove head first into a McDonald's burger. But today, I chose Panera's You Pick Two® Bacon Bravo Turkey sandwich and Broccoli Cheddar soup.

Personally, I think that was head and shoulders above a greasy burger and fries.

We played on the sand courts for about 2 hours. I was excited to see that the shirt and shorts I always wear were missing the trademark muffin top bulge. YEA!

On the way home, I scarfed 10 oz. of grapes and 4 glasses of water. Phew!

Then I nibbled my way nervously through my kettle corn as I'm reading online news reports about my company continuing to reorganize and cut more jobs. ::Sigh:: The cuts haven't reached my level yet, so I'm not insanely worried.

I'm going to wash off the rest of the sand and go to bed. No oversleeping tomorrow!

I hope you all are having an OP day as well. Keep reaching for those dreams!

3 comments:

  1. Nice! making better choices for food is always a good thing... and sand volleyball...now thats a workout! :D Good job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sand volleyball is so fun! Are you on a team that plays and how did you find the team? You rock girl, getting in your water and fruits/veggies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, we're in a recreation league - this is our 5th season playing together. Although, our first practice was rough - we looked like a kindergarten gym class. :( I've got my work cut out for me this season.

    THANK YOU BOTH!

    ReplyDelete