Thursday, January 8, 2009

Walk like a Winner!

Making my way through week - very successfully. I haven't dipped into my weekly points or my activity points.

I had a small NSV today. I went to the blood donation drive, and the last time I went I had to use an extended cuff because my upper arm was too chubby. But this time, the regular cuff did the trick. It's simple things like that that make this journey very fulfilling!

I was out of work early so instead of waiting for DBF to pick me up, I walked the 30 minutes to his workplace. It was a beautiful day outside, and I walked briskly along the river while jamming to my iPod tunes.

DBF was SO surprised that I walked over - the last time we took that walk about 6 months ago I almost didn't make it. But today, I powerwalked it in good time.

Hope everyone is doing well! Keep posting those updates! I'll have something more substantial tomorrow, but work is mentally draining me this week :)

So til next time, keep reaching for your dreams.

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! got to love the NSV - walking is good! I made it home today from the office... was thinking that I would take the bus, but once I started, I just kept going. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way To GO!

    That's awesome.

    However, just as a small tip, you should be very careful about never eating APs or flex points. Your body will stall. I sat through a very very very long and frustrating plateau because I wasn't eating enough.

    I know you're new(er) to the plan, so I just wanted to let you know. Don't be scared to eat! It's important!

    ReplyDelete