Sunday, January 4, 2009

Not quite..

the 10 lbs I was hoping for, but I'm not complaining!

I've lost 9.6 lbs as of today, with an awesome SV this week of 4 lbs! I survived NYE with DBF's family and 4 days of vacation.

I feel on top of the world!! WEEE!!

I started working out yesterday with the weights I bought for Monday's exercise class. Side note: weights are EXPENSIVE! I spent about $20 for bell weights and wrist/ankle weights.

Anyway, I went walking with the ankle weights on. I could immediately notice the difference, even though the total weight added was only 3 lbs. Makes you wonder how much stress all the extra body weight puts on the body as well.

I just finished the season finale of Ruby, so I'm all jazzed for the next week. But its the season finale! What am I going to do now?!

I've set the DVR to start recording Diet Tribe on Lifetime. I also stumbled upon FitTV, which broadcasts workout programs, healthy cooking shows, etc. I'm really excited for Shimmy, which is a belly dancing workout. I used to take lessons, but now I live over an hour from the studio I haven't been able to go.

Thank you everyone for your kind words of encouragement! Also, thank you for your courage to post your stories on your own blogs. Reading your tales of victory inspire me everyday :)

So til next time, keep reaching for your dreams.

3 comments:

  1. I am SO EXCITED about diet tribe as well...and I know nothing about it :)

    kudos on the loss!!

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will work up to serious workouts, look at you - adding weight to your walks! That's awesome!

    Fitness is what you make of it. I hope that you enjoy it, finding the exercise you enjoy is the only way to stick with it and man... it has some GREAT benefits. (like losing massive amounts of inches... and getting to eat more!)

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete