Saturday, January 3, 2009

Movie Date Night

I've been off from work for a long weekend. Actually, it feels like the longest weekend ever.

Sensing my complete boredom, DBF suggested going out for dinner and a movie. Thinking quickly, I suggested eating dinner and packing snacks at home then heading out to the movie. He agreed.

NSV #1! Yea!

Knowing it could be an OP night, I wanted to start the day off right. I bought some WW Smart Ones morning express meals, which are VERY yummy. I'm a big fan of the stuffed breakfast sandwiches. For lunch, I had Special K chocolately delight. It was on sale, along with the Smart Ones.

We ate dinner around 4:30 - I made some pork loin and bacon brussels sprouts. So going into the rest of the night, I had about 13 points left over.

We got to the movie theater early so we could walk around for a bit (yay AP!). Then, DBF said the fatal words: "Can I treat you to an ice cream?"

Dammit. DAMMIT. I absolutely love ice cream. I had bought sherbet to help calm my occasional craving, but I haven't had real ice cream in a while. I agreed, but pulled my tongue up off the floor long enough to think rationally. I ordered a kiddie cup, which was approximately 3/4 cup.

Oh my, did it taste good! Haagen Daz dulce de leche is quite possibly one of my favorite tastes of all time. But thank goodness I only got the kiddie cup, that alone was 9 points!! 9?! YIKES!

We agreed to only buy a diet soda at the food counter, since we had brought healthy snacks (grapes, watermelon, sunflower seeds). But DBF looked like such a sad puppy, watching all those trays of popcorn, nachos and candies walking by. Its at times like these that I truly feel like I'm being selfish; he shouldn't have to suffer simply because I'm trying to lose weight. Yet at the same time, I feel happy and get those warm fuzzies when he is supportive and trying not to tempt me :)

Anyway, rave reviews for "Slumdog Millionaire." Absolutely beautiful!

This morning I took a sneak peak at the scale - kinda gauging where I should spend my time today. I'm 1.8lbs off my 10lb goal. WOWIE WOW WOW!!!

Tomorrow is the official weigh in, so nothing truly counts until then. Since I've been watching all the Biggest Loser marathons this weekend, I am going to go out for a "last chance" workout.

So til next time, keep reaching for your dreams.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go on the NSV! I have an ice cream weakness too, so I'm envious of your decision to get a kiddie cup. I laugh at those things, that's no where near enough ice cream for this girl.

    I'm headed to a movie tonight, I packed 6 mini-tootsie roll pops and a diet dr. pepper. (2 points for all). That leaves me enough room to sneak some popcorn from the boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe - oh trust me, my first reaction to the kiddie cup was "THAT COST $4.25??" I keep trying to say the mantra over and over "being skinny feels better than tasting that" (or something like that, LOL).

    Have fun at the movies! I also find that the more engaging the movie, the less you remember the food. Whatcha gonna see?

    ReplyDelete