Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Weekend Wrap Up

I've been slacking on writing, but not on my new focus. I'm very excited for my week 1 weigh in tomorrow morning.

Last night was the downtown pub crawl "benefit" for Toys for Tots. I like drinking for a cause! Anyway, we met at a local restaurant for dinner and surprisingly, I was unable to finish my normal entree. I was full about half-way through! Wahoo!

I even took it a little easy during the crawl, knowing that a shot of rum is about 2pts. I stuck to rum and diet coke, calling it quits after 4 drinks.

The big triumph for the night, by far, was the crawl collecting over 400 toys and $5000 for Toys for Tots!

This afternoon, I went out to do some grocery shopping keeping in mind my slip from last week. I successfully avoided all fast food places, and opted for a Diet Dr. Pepper.

Slowly, but surely, habits are changing. Now, I just need to follow-through and make it permanent. I've felt different about this time with WW. Allowing myself to make those mistakes and not give up or get down on myself hasn't been easy; but it's making this process much less stressful.

Let's see if I still have the same optimism after my weigh in...

So, til next time, keep reaching for your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment