Friday, December 19, 2008

NSV!

The past two days have been a little hectic. As we wind down closer and closer to the holidays, time moves in overdrive. Insane.

Yesterday at work, a very nice gentleman from another department offered us a gift basket that he has received from a client. I think his exact words were "Would you like a basket of chocolate?" - which is like throwing steak to a bunch of lions. All five ladies (myself included) jumped at the opportunity!!

We all calmed down, and pieced through the basket. I was very proud of us, we opened the basket around 10am, but didn't eat a bite until 4:00pm. Ah well. Its still the holidays, we're allowed to indulge a little.

I also experienced a very painful dentist appointment, when the acrylic used to take an impression of my bite dried to my teeth. After 20 minutes of the dental assistant yanking at it, the dentist had to drill it off. Ugh. Needless to say, eating was the LAST thing on my mind yesterday. DBF made a yummy orzo dish, which was easy to consume with little chewing.

Ironically, the bad dentist appointment led to a wonderful NSV - I didn't eat a single thing after dinner last night! I actually closed off my kitchen at 7:00pm and stayed out for the rest of the night. We watched movies, finished xmas cards, and I even taught DBF some techniques on the pilates ball. No overeating AND AP? WOW - who am I again?

New shoes, here I come!!

So, til next time, keep reaching for your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment