Sunday, December 14, 2008

Food/Exercise Log: 12/14/08

Breakfast:
  • 2 Egg Whites
  • 1/4 Kraft 2% Cheese
  • 1 Lender's Onion Bagel
  • 1/2 pear

Exercise:
  • walking (grocery shopping)
  • lifting groceries up 3 flights of stairs (2 trips - holy COW!!)

Lunch
  • Wendy's chicken nugget meal
So, lunch was a big oopie. I literally went about my Sunday routine - it was almost robotic. Well, now I've learned - avoid that route past the fast food place :)

Dinner
  • 1/3 Kashi Roasted Veggie Think Crust Pizza
  • 1/2 cup homemade chilled orzo pasta salad
  • 1 banana

Emotional Goals/Realizations:

  • Don't eat out of boredom

While I was out and about today, I ended up spending a hefty chunk of change on fresh foods. Trying to eat healthier in a recession is definitely a challenge. I was reading some online news source the other day, which reported that sales of SPAM and McDonald's were on the rise. Its hard to compete with a $1 double cheeseburger versus a $6 salad.

I did splurge a little bit on myself, buying a new yoga mat and pilates ball for my workout class. I figure if I'm going to sweat, I'm going to sweat in style.

No comments:

Post a Comment