Monday, December 22, 2008

Caloric Countdown to Christmas!

Hooray for another OP day!

As the days get closer to Christmas, I feel the hours slow down exponentially. Even our computer programs decided to take a break today.

Boredom + lack of work + numerous holiday goodies = perfect storm for over eating

But not today!

Seriously though, the influx of goodies needs to stop! Suddenly the maternal chef in everyone rears its ugly head, and the communal table becomes an absolute smorgasbord of fudge, cookies and candies of all shapes and sizes.

How's that for painting a picture?

Maybe I'm just getting cranky - but if one more person walks in peddling their homemade pastries, I could really lose it. And its not that I want them, because truthfully, chances are if someone only cooks one time a year they probably are not the most experienced chef. I just loathe the look on someone's face when I refuse their labor of love. "Oh come on, you can have just one." "Start your diet after the holidays."

I only have 2 more days until I can enjoy a long weekend. Just need to keep on track until then - need to save those Flex points!

So, til next time, keep reaching for your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment