Sunday, March 8, 2009

A loss is a loss, a loss is a loss...

I've been reminding myself this all morning...

-0.2lbs this morning, 16 lbs overall

Truthfully, I'm not too phased by it. I know that my exercise was extremely minimal this week, sans for yesterday morning. I was hoping that my eating would somehow compensate for this - but there were simply too many restaurants this week.

Yesterday was such an incredibly fun day! I woke up early to make sure I could get in some solid exercise time. I was able to get in 40 or so minute of pilates with weight lifting, and then I was exhausted! I focused on plies and squats to help stretch and strengthen my knee. I need to get back on the sand this week!

I met up with friends for lunch before heading to the spa. I had a yummy grilled chicken sandwich with goat cheese, tomato pesto and arugula with a side of string beans. All three of us are becoming more health conscious, but I had to have a little giggle. Granted, the other two are much smaller than I am (probably a size 4/6 and 10/12) but I've dropped far more weight because I have been focusing on eating right and exercising. They try to just not eat - and when they do eat its just junk. So I don't mind the razzing for eating the vegetables or asking for no mayo - I can eat my whole meal and be satisfied!

The spa was a wonderful experience. We had received gift certificates to this spa - and thank goodness. The price for the facial before the discount and gift certificate was $130!

I did have another happy "told-you-so" moment - after the facials, we compared notes about what the aesthetician recommended. Not to gloat (but it's my blog, so I can), the aesthetician told me that my skin was very well hydrated and had lots of elasticity. She said she could tell I was drinking lots of water. Again, thank you Weight Watchers and those good health guidelines! My one downfall was over-exfoliating. Oh well, time to put the apricot scrub on the shelf for a while.

Afterwards, I came home and did a few chores: dishes, laundry and taxes. I quickly downed a Lean Cuisine café classics Chicken and Vegetables and stopped at McDonald's for an ice cream cone on the way back to my friend's house to head to a concert.

I actually ended up under last night by 7.5 pts. Sadly, that was my last day with 33 pts total, I'm down to 32 pts today.

Before I head out to pick up groceries (need to refuel on fresh veggies), I'm going to go for another round of pilates with weights. My abs are still throbbing from yesterday. I'd also like to take a walk around and finally get to use MapMyWalk.com.

Have a great day everyone! Remember, a loss is a loss :)

3 comments:

  1. thats right!!Good for you for staying on track even with a busy week! Restaurants are the worst!!! Its hard to always ask for light cheese or vegetables when ALL you want are those french fries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that mapping webiste! Its the best. Gratz on your small loss and staying on points.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your right, a loss is a loss. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete