Friday, July 31, 2009

FFL - Week 3

This has been a most unproductive week for me. I've stayed OP, but have done absolutely no exercise. It's sad seeing 0 APs and the FFL chart blank.

I guess this lack of mobility can be mostly chalked up to finals week. This is my first semester with 4 online classes, and it has been overwhelming to say the least.

Usually, I can get in 30-45 minutes of aerobic walking during work. For the past week or so, I was trying to be a real "team player." With our recent merger, our new management team is 3 hours behind us. By the time we're going to lunch, they're just revving up for the day. Most of us have stopped taking lunch, just because of the demands our manager have for deadlines etc. Ironically, when they take their lunch 3 hours later, they are nowhere to be found. All communication stops.

Frustrated and tired of dropping my free time, I shut down everything for a full hour today. It was liberating. We spent time just chatting with each other, ignoring the influx of emails, IMs and phone calls pouring in. I need to take that time back, not just because it is a requirement of my job, by for my mental and physical health and well being.

I had the strangest incident today (TMI ALERT). After getting home from work, I was doubled over in pain. It felt like the most intense cramps I had ever experienced. At one point, the pain was so bad I became weak and all the color had left my face. I immediately popped some ibuprofen and laid down on a heating pad. Four hours later, I work up when DBF comes home. The sharp pain has subsided, but there is still residual soreness.

OK, back to paper writing. Have a good week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment